Should the Connect:Amps be turned off when not in use or powered on 24/7?

• 19 November 2018
  • 5 replies

I have 6 connect:amps in a rack. Each amp drives 4 clips speakers. The connect:amps were purchased in 2016.

Are these amps made to be powered on all the time? I read some none verified 'chatter' that some people experienced failure after leaving their connect:amps on after two years. I'd like to keep mine powered on all the time, since the rack is in the basement and every time I want to listen to music, I must run down to the basement, turn the rack on and then wait for the app to connect to listen to music.

At the same time, replacing 6 amps every several years because of 'burnout failure' is not feasible/realistic.

Thank you in advance for all insights and advice.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

They are meant to be powered all the time. They enter a low power mode a few seconds after the music stops.

As to hastening failure, quite the opposite. Powering electronics on/off causes the majority of wear and tear, due to the thermal cycling. Leaving them running, as long as they have adequate ventilation, can prolong life rather than shorten.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd not only leave them on 24x7 I'd put them on a surge suppressor to protect them from power issues. A Trip-Lite IsoBar would be my suggestion.
Thank you. So would you leave them on overnight? or turn off at bedtime and turn on in the morning?

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
If you can afford to replace them before they would normally die turn them on and off, If you'd rather not spend the money leave them on.
Thanks everyone. I'll keep them ON!