Sharing a Sub - two rooms

• 26 August 2018
  • 29 replies

Userlevel 2
Please flesh out the options to share a sub between two 'rooms'. I'm in the same boat as many users here and would like to share a sub, in my case, a large living room, playing music on two Play:5's as a stereo set, and a 5.1 surround with a Playbar and two play ones. The only option to share a sub between the setups is to 'unbond' the speakers, but then you lose the TruPlay saved settings and to recalibrate each time is not practical. Having the option to save the TruPlay profiles created would be amazing. I'm also taking advantage of AirPlay 2 for music which is not supported with a surround setup, hence why I have a second set just for music in the same room. Sharing a sub between two 'rooms' is perhaps an option for a future software update?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

Probably not an ‘easy fix’, otherwise they’d likely have already done it. 

Sonos guys, abotber vote-hard for sharing sub between rooms. 

music setup and home entertainment in my living room:

mysic is 2 fives + sub

home entertainment is arc + 2 one 

and it sucks so much that i even have to consider buying a second sub for the same living room because the existing sub can’t serve both setups :((( 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I belive it will be an easy fix........

Says everyone who has never written any Sonos code.

This would be so good. Waiting for it to be confirmed before we buy more kit for our lounge and garden.