Question

Sharing a Sub between two "rooms"

• 25 February 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Hi,

In the same physical room, I have two Sonos "rooms": a TV room with a playbar, a Sub and two play:1 acting as surround speakers, and a "music" room wtih two play:5. Now, I realized that the play:5s sound much better when used in conjunction with a Sub, so I'm trying to share the same Sub between my "music" room and my "TV" room. Unfortunately, the only way I found to achieve that is by removing the Sub from one room and adding it to the other, which is painful, slow and also forces me to redo all optimizations.

Is there any way the same Sub can be shared between two rooms? Sonos, could you add this to the wishlist? :)

Thanks,
David

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

No there's isn't, a quick search on the forum would have found a number of existing threads explaining that.
Userlevel 2
No there's isn't, a quick search on the forum would have found a number of existing threads explaining that.

Please enlighten me. I searched for "share sub" and turned up with only one meaningful topic which quickly deviated to another question...
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
This is the main thread on the subject of an easier way to share a SUB with multiple setups. There are some others as well. It's not currently possible other than the method you pointed out, but we've pass on the suggestion to the team.

Thanks for asking.
I have a similar setup, when I am listening to music, I select both the TV room and the Music room and voila the sub plays music as does the playbar which has no negative impact from my perspective. When I am watching TV I turn Sonos off and still have the sub for very nice sound on TV.
How about the other way?
Making the tv sound come from other speakers in the house, is that possibly?
Just group the rooms that the other speakers are in to the room that the PLAYBAR is in. It's possible you'd hear a slight delay between the two, but they'd definitely be playing the TV's input (in either stereo, or mono, depending on your room setup. But not in 5.1)