Question

Setup unexpected error

• 25 December 2016
  • 7 replies

Trying to setup 2 Sonos play 1 through iPhone app following the steps in the standard set up I choose my first play 1 it deosnt ask me to press anything on the device goes straight to airport setup gathering information about my network asks me to set the name then try to set the play one to my wifi info on screen says waiting for sonos 1 AND THEN unexpected error try different setup how do I setup the up with iphone

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

I have attempted to troubleshoot try'd pressing volume and play button flashes red but stil won't connect disabled mac filtering in router
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
I have attempted to troubleshoot try'd pressing volume and play button flashes red but stil won't connect disabled mac filtering in router

Hi tomcross7,

Are you able to temporarily wire in your PLAY:1 with an ethernet cable to your router? This should help you get connected. Once connected you can head into the settings menu, choose advanced settings then select wireless setup to teach your speakers how to connect wirelessly. Let me know how it goes.
Userlevel 3
Badge
I had the unexpected error problem with the”Airport” setup approach and after doing the physical Ethernet approach there was a message about requiring 802.11b/g compatible network. I had my network set up for 802.11n-only so that’s something to check.
I have the same problem but not the chance to connect with ethernet....
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can't plug into the Ethernet of your router to do the setup?
No, not for the next week or so...
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Ok then.. Instead of a me to can you walk me through what happens when you plug in the Sonos unit (power). You go into controller app and choose new system (wifi mode - NOT BOOST MODE). What happens as you go through the process.

It should ask you to connect your phone to the sonos unit - going to your phone wifi and choosing the sonos signal. Then choosing your home wifi after that (which must be a wireless b/g network and not a guest network - not 5ghz network).