Question

setup unexpected error

• 12 January 2018
  • 6 replies

every time i try to connect to my play 5 it keeps giving me the same error saying "an unexpected error occured. try again."
please

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Try with the Play:5 hooked by Ethernet cable to your router (when prompted for standard or Boost setup choose boost setup).

When done with setup - go to settings...advanced...wifi setup. That wizard will setup your home wifi then and you can unplug from router.
settings on what device?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
ON your controller in sonos app.
I have the same problem and having the unexpected error. Tried with ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. Did you end up figuring it out?
I have the same problem and having the unexpected error. Tried with ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. Did you end up figuring it out?

Krispy,

Can you provide more info and we can perhaps lead you through the setup step by step.

What router are you using?
What Sonos Device(s) do you have and what are you trying to setup?
What make and model is your Sonos controller (what firmware version is it using?)

We need just a little more info to assist.
Krispy,

Just check that any of your hardware is not listed here...

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42/~/sonos-and-incompatible-hardware