Question

Setting Up Connect with Integrated Amp

• 20 May 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi all, hopefully someone can help me.  Sonos do not seem to be accepting phone calls just now.

I have an existing Sonos network with a Beam & 2 Play 1’s as surround sound and also a Play 3.  Never had a moment of trouble setting it all up.  I also own a turntable which is connected to a Yamaha integrated Amp and a CD player which is also connected tho the amp.  I have a pair of Q Acoustic speakers connected to the amp.

I recently bought a Sonos Connect (not the Port but the newer spec Connect) with the idea of connecting my turntable/cd player/amp and speakers into my Sonos network.  However, I am having no luck setting it up.

My Sonos app has received and installed the Connect and I have tried linking it to the amp using an RCA cable going from the analogue audio out in my connect to my amp.  My amp has available analogue ports under Tuner, Dock, Line 1, Line 2 and Line 3.  Which of them should I be using?  I’ve tried them all but with no luck.

I’m not really sure what I should be doing when I play a record or CD.  Should my amp be set to CD is playing a CD?  Or sent to the connection I’ve used for the RCA cable?  It’s the first time I’ve experienced Sonos not just working straight away.  I was expecting to plug it in, and my records to be playing through the Sonos speaker straight away :-)

Many thanks in advance for any advice.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@Grant Garden Thank you for bringing your concerns to us here and welcome to the Sonos Community. We can see that you have an active case with our agents. If you have check the line-in settings for your Sonos Connect, confirmed that you do not need a pre-amp for your setup and have swapped out the RCA cables. You will want to call in and speak with our phone agents as they will have more tools available to them and could walk you through a loop-back test of your Connect. Also, when you state that you bought the Connect was it from dealer, store location as an open box item or from a 3rd party seller?