Setting up Connect to existing Sonos components and Non Sonos soundbar and wireless subwoofer.

• 15 April 2018
  • 4 replies

New to connect and trying to figure out how to connect all of this stuff. I have a functioning Sonos system wit 3 Play 1's and 1 Play 3. I just acquired a Definitive Sounbvar, Martin Logan wireless Sub and a connect. Trying to make them all work together. Any help would be much appreciated!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

CONNECT has analog and digital outs. Use whatever is appropriate into the soundbar. Presumably you've sorted out how to link the wireless sub to it?
Not yet, trying to figure out if I can Bluetooth the sub or do I need to get a new receiver with a sub output. guy I got it from said his setup was Blue tooth but Geek squad hooked it up for him. he is clueless.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
The definitive should have optical input so that runs right from the connect. Some of the definitive have a sub out - so you would wire from the sub output of the definitive to the input on the wireless subs wireless box.

If the definitive version you have doesn't have a sub out then - The sub wireless box would connect to the R/L analog outputs of the Connect.
Martin Logan wouldn't use Bluetooth. Lossy compression and too much latency. Their SWT-1 transmittter says it digitises at 16bit/48kHz, uncompressed. My guess is it's similar tech to, say, AudioEngine's premium wireless adapter which has a latency of less than 20ms.