Question

Setting up a Pioneer turntable with a Sonos Play 3

• 3 December 2016
  • 4 replies

Hello,
I have just purchased a Sonos Play 3 and I have successfully connected to it from my iPad and I can play music from my iPad/internet. However the main purpose for buying the Sonos was to listen to my vinyl using a Pioneer PL990 turntable. I connected the turntable cables into the "In" sockets on the Connect box and played a record but no sound? I have read on the forum that this turntable can be used with a Play 5 and I was assured by the retailer that it would work with a Play 3 so I am at a loss as to why it does not work.
Suggestions please

Thanks
Jimmy

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

You have to set the Autoplay on the line-in to play to the Play:3, or choose the line-in source manually. To set the Autoplay setting, see this link:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1091/kw/Autoplay/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ4MDc4MjU2Ny9zaWQvZlVrTTFnaDJ1WkR5SSU3RTRaNEhmVGZfQ2JfRU94MTNDdU9rMG9QMlVLdHVsRExLQlhwRUhLRlVraFpVYWNIaHNjZmc3cWZRbWdDayU3RXhnbnV6UU10RG1GZTZCeXppZnlEaUtlUkhsVjdKYlhMN01IeVpZSnhvSnE1ZyUyMSUyMQ==#autoplay
Thank you for your help. Unfortunately when I go to Settings/room settings I get "lounge" (the location of the play 3) and when I select Lounge I get the options for Trueplay Tuning, retune, EQ, room name, white indicator light and create stero pair. I do not see an option for Autoplay or in line? Suggestions?
You need the Line-In settings for the 'room' of the CONNECT.
Ratty - thank you. Realised that I had not connected to the Connect unit - I had assumed that by connecting to the speaker that they were already linked. Dohhhhhhh! All working now