Selling my 5.1 setup (play:1s, sub, all black) in Chicago.

• 14 January 2016
  • 5 replies

Any advice on the best way to sell my Sonos gear? It's about 1yr old and all pieces are in flawless condition.

What should I expect as fair market value for a playbar, play:1s and a sub?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Honestly, I don't have any recommendations on what price you could sell your gear. Best bet is to work out a deal with the buyer, of course keeping the prices lower than RRP. If it's in brilliant condition, you could sell the Playbar for a higher markup - without seeming greedy. It's finding a balance!

I said at the start I don't have any recommendations but I do have suggestions for bidding.
Maybe start the Playbar price at £400 - 500 for the Playbar (as it's in good mint), and let the bidders choose the rest. :)
SUB roughly the same.
Play 1's can start at £90 each maybe?

As for selling them outright, it's all up to you. You could keep it closer to RRP (but not too close), but far away from half the price as you said they're in flawless condition. Actually, check selling sites like Ebay and see what other people are selling them for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Yes, checking completed listings on ebay gives a good indicator on what price you could expect
Guys, far too late for a reply.^^
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
This is a very old thread, but to anyone reading: Selling Sonos is similar to selling anything else on the second hand market. Try and match or beat other people's pricing is the rule of thumb.

However, just a friendly heads-up, selling via our forums is not permitted.

I'm now closing this. I doubt the OP is still waiting for an answer.
Userlevel 4
Guys, far too late for a reply.^^

Ugh this is the 3rd time I have done this. I blame the website, honestly. They recommend threads many years old and expect you to see the thread age that's not only small, but barely contrasts with the background.
*sighhh* whoops!