Question

Samsung soundbar and TV

• 29 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello ,
i would like to ask if sonos connect is available as i cannot find it to the website .

I have some sonos speakers and i would like to connect my TV with the system . My TV has several outputs . RCA , HDMI , optical , AUX ...

Also i have a samsung home cinema soundbar with bass and i would like to add also this [ this system has optical input , HDMI input , aux in   ] . [HW-F550 Samsung ] 

Can you please advise how i can implement this ? I want all my audio to play with sonos .

Thanks in advance  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

The CONNECT has been out of production for quite a while. It was supplanted by the Sonos Port. Note that the Port is a stereo only device, and will only accept a stereo input on the line in. Sonos has three devices that can accept a digital input (no delay) and process a Dolby Digital 5.1 signal, the Beam, the Arc, and the Amp. All other Sonos devices can only handle stereo. 

There really isn’t any company out there that allows you to misplace and match sound/speaker systems for home theater. If you want to integrate a sound bar for your TV with the Sonos ecosystem, you’d be much better off replacing the Samsung sound bar with a Sonos soundbar, either the Beam or the Arc. That would allow you to incorporate your TV’s audio into the Sonos ecosystem, as well as allow the use of Sonos speakers as surrounds. 

However, if your Samsung sound bar has an analog input, you could take the line out from the Port, and connect it to the Samsung. Similarly, if that Samsung has an analog output, you could connect that to the Port, and with the 75ms delay associated with the analog line in, get whatever is playing on the Samsung device into the Sonos ecosystem.