Answered

S1 Bridge green light blinking with Connect connected to stereo system

• 6 August 2020
  • 5 replies

After having my 2014 S1 bridge and connect disconnected from my stereo system for about a year I recently reconnected them. 

I’m not sure if I have a problem or not. 

According to the Sonos LED lights web page a flashing green light means you have a product ready to be set up. 

After reconnecting the bridge to my router and then connecting the connect to my stereo system and then opening the Sonos app on my iPhone everything seems to work fine. 

BUT I have a blinking green light on the top of the bridge the blinks every couple of seconds continually.  

I don’t remember that happening before and my question is basically should I be concerned about the blinking light as everything seems to work?

is there any way to stop it from blinking?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Annazel S 7 August 2020, 22:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @KevinRocky.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

I appreciate your detailed post outlining the issue as well as the troubleshooting steps that you did, let me help and try to figure this out.

First, you are correct, according to the LED status, flashing green means the product is ready for set up, possibly it was set to factory default if it’s not a brand new unit.

Technically, it’s not yet associated with your system that’s why it keeps on flashing green, and possibly your system is working because it is connecting wirelessly or through WiFi.

The responsibility of the Bridge is to create a Sonos network or what we call SonosNet dedicated to Sonos products.

To verify, kindly submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd be glad to review your system further.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

Howdy Annazel,

Thanks so much for getting back to me.

The bridge is not new, it was previously hooked up to my system with no issues, before I disconnected it approximately a year ago. As mentioned I just re-hooked it all back up.

I listened to the Sonos thru my stereo system yesterday for about 8 hours with no issues, although the green light on the bridge is still continually blinking.

I did as you asked and did the Submit Diagnostics.

The confirmation number I received was: 405564666

Thanks so much 

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @KevinRocky.

Thanks for the immediate response and for your effort in submitting the diagnostic report.

Upon checking here, it just verifies the above theory that the Bridge is not associated with your system and the Sonos: Connect is working wirelessly without the Bridge.

You can try adding the Bridge back to your system, here are the steps:

• Place your product in the desired location and connect it to power and directly to the router using an ethernet cable.
  • Open the Sonos app on your iOS or Android device.
  • From the Settings tab, tap System > Add Product or Add Boost or Bridge and follow the on-screen prompts to add your product to your system.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any other questions or run into any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Thanks so much for your help. I added it to the system and now no more green blinking light.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @KevinRocky.

Thanks for your response and for the good news.

You did great, and I’m so glad to hear that the issue was already resolved.

I am looking forward to the continuous smooth sailing of your system.

If you have any other questions or run into any issues,  please do not hesitate to reach out.

We are always here to help.

Cheers!