Question

S1 app doesn't join S2 compatible with S1 devices?

• 14 June 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

I believe this was the behavior we were told about… but if this is normal behavior, what the hell isn’t there a message that says that… just no action… at least give me a message and the option to disable that in the future…. at least I know  that the app is working.  I’m having a real tough time with my MOVE, constantly offline.  Had to resort to full reset to get it back yesterday. Sometimes I can just flip it between bluetooth and Wifi and it will come back  online.  And new app is slow as snails rendering the list of devices - when it can find them.

Frankly in the old CR100 days, I’d rate Sonos 9 or 10 out of 10.  Nowadays, I’m in the 6-7 range.  Can’t tell you how many f-bombs I dropped yesterday between the MOVE and the app.  Was so pissed I unplugged a ONE and brought it out to the patio while the Move just sat in its cradle, totally useless.

I’m ranted to see if anyone else has seen more issues as more complexity has creeped into the SONOS world.  :rage:  

6 replies

Badge +4

I’m going to take a step back on this because right now, my main router (only one that normally runs DHCP) is on its way back to ASUS for hardware repair.  When it returns, I will go to one SSID (+ 1 for guest)  network.  The Move only does 2.4 GHZ so I will restrict it via static IP assignment and MAC filter it from the guest network.

My iphone is more mobile than MOVE and it has no problem running between SSIDs… of course the Move and the iphone likely need to be on the same SSID for the Sonos APP to control it… wired devices could care less where the APP is as long as its IP address is visible to each device.

I think  the frustration issues come about cause the MOVE is NOT a drop in device, it is very dependent on the network configuration of the environment.  That is a problem for both sophisticated home users, as well as “casual” technology users.  While all of my SONOS compatriots happen to be (current or former) IT professionals, I assume that the SONOS user base extends across a much wider population of technology skills.

Userlevel 2

I

Wow!...@cap3344 

@Gav123 and @maninblack_30...I’d say both of you are experiencing network issues. I suggest you each start you own post and list the details of your particular networks. Piggy-backing on another members post to seek a solution is not the best idea. Everyone’s network is unique in some manner.

Cheers!

My multiple google home devices stream spotify 100%, just the sonos that doesn’t.

I also have a couple of Xbox Ones that stream netflix at full HD over wireless with no problem, I am an ICT professional, and I am not having network problems. Sonos is the only thing with issues

Very disappointed. 4/10 stars max, was 9/10 4 years ago.

Userlevel 7

Wow!...@cap3344 

I’d say your Move is jumping between your 2 AP’s, 2 secure networks and 2 guest networks...and that’s just for starters. I suggest you reserve and IP Address on your main router for the Move. Also turn-off DHCP capability for the AP’s and assign the them the same SSID and Passphrase as your main router.

BTW...how are you running 2 secure networks?

@Gav123 and @maninblack_30...I’d say both of you are experiencing network issues. I suggest you each start you own post and list the details of your particular networks. Piggy-backing on another members post to seek a solution is not the best idea. Everyone’s network is unique in some manner.

Cheers!

Userlevel 2

I’m afraid I have to agree as well, over the past 4 years my system has gone from a “snappy” and quick to respond system to sluggish at best. I have a fantastic wireless system, but with each and every update the system has developed into an unreliable system, especially using spotify, it often skips songs etc.

My multiple google home devices stream spotify 100%, just the sonos that doesn’t.

AND now all this talk about the legacy products being low powered and can’t support the new features? I’m calling BS, if that were the case and they actually cared about existing customers they would have come out with a  “Boost” like device that acts as a go-between for the S2-S1 systems and did all the heavy-lifting for the S1 products.

Very disappointed. 4/10 stars max, was 9/10 4 years ago.

Userlevel 2

I think you’re being generous w the 6-7 rating. Sonos had a brilliant, near perfect product and managed to ruin its elegance and ease of use. It’s as if they intentionally went about to frustrate and make users hate their product.

Badge +4

And the Move has disappeared again… never again… I have a home network  with 2 WAPs, 2 secure networks, 2 guest networks, and over 40 devices on line… the only one that misbehaves regularly… the MOVE...