REQUEST: Let Sonos Connect Amp (S1) work in dumb mode

• 2 December 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies

It would greatly increase the value and usability for all of us with original connect amps collecting dust, trying to sell on offer up, if we could use the connect amp in ‘dumb mode’ by default. By that, I mean it starts with no network needed. Just plays whatever is coming though the line in. Could use for a lot of things that do not need a network like tv, connecting a Bluetooth adapter, etc. 

Requiring it to be on S1 limits all of us using the new app. Right now, I’m trying to sell this amp so I can buy an amp...

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I think I must be missing something.  Why is it a problem to keep it on S1?

Put the Connect:Amp on the network, along with an S1 controller, and configure the Line-In Autoplay to play to the C:A itself.

Thereafter you can, if you wish, take the C:A off the network entirely. It will simply amplify whatever comes in via the Line-In jacks. You would of course have to adjust the volume manually using the buttons on the front.

Alternatively split the C:A off onto a separate S1 system, as many are doing.