Question

Replacing a sonos connect with new play 5s

• 15 November 2016
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
As part of my Sonos setup I currently have a connect and a not-very-good amp and speakers in my living room. I'm considering changing this for 2 play 5s setup as a stereo pair. The room is about 10' x 15' - would this be overkill for what's quite a small space? My other options are buy a new amp/speakers or a single play 5 I think.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Another option is in fact a pair of PLAY:1s and a SUB. It depends on your layout and how easily you can accommodate PLAY:5s.

If you can afford them and they suit your room, go for the PLAY:5s.
No not overkill in my view. I think you will be thrilled with the improvement. Given that you can return one or both after trying them if you buy direct from Sonos, I'd just order them straight away!! I don't think you will return them.
[quote=dodderz]I currently have a connect and a not-very-good amp and speakers in my living room.
It is almost always the speaker that is the weak link; there are relatively few "not very good amps". Depending on the exact state/nature of the amp, you may get more value for money by just a speaker change. So if budget is a constraint, that is another option.