Question

Removing a ZP120?

• 31 December 2016
  • 3 replies

This may be an obvious question, but would appreciate confirmation of my thinking:
I have two wired conventional, medium-quality speakers hooked into a ZP120 in living room. I've been happy with the recent installations of Play:1 in various other locations and want to replace them for the older ones. If i do so, can i simply also remove the ZP120 from that location, too?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I'm not sure I follow. You don't have to 'remove' the ZP120 as such. Just turn it off.

If you want to be really thorough, you can always factory reset the ZP120. It will remain registered to your Sonos account come what may, unless or until it's added to a system registered to a different account/email.
Appreciate the input. Yes, suppose I could turn it off, but if it's serving no purpose since the installing a dual set of Play1's would seem to be able to operate independently of the ZP, I'd like to simply put it away or re-sell it. Feasible?
Feasible?
Of course. eBay prices are reassuringly high. Make sure you factory reset it before shipping to a new owner.