Remove Phantom TV As Amp Source

• 16 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Professional install of amp for my garage speakers but the Sonos app shows a non-existent tv as a source and Alexa shows a tv there as well. Was the amp registered wrong or is it picking up another tv on my system? When I click on the tv source it says connection error. It also shows line in which works fine. Is there anyway to remove the tv source?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Hi  I don't have an Amp, but my guess is that this comes up automatically on any Sonos product that is intended for use with a TV.

This seems consistent with line in showing as a potential source on my speakers even though nothing is plugged into it.

Maybe it is that simple but when I called into Sonos support, they never told me that. They just say it was set up as surround sound speakers. I am just looking for a way to change the setup. Maybe in the future we will have the option to hide unusable sources. Thanks