remote restart

• 22 November 2014
  • 5 replies

Badge
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 4 replies
I have an active network: devices being added and taken away, new sources of RF interference & neighbours changing wifi channels. A frequent piece of advice is "you must power absolutely everything in the network off and on again", or "power on and off Sonos devices". With a reasonably large house, or devices in awkward locations this can be hassle.

It would be convenient if there was a remote restart switch that could cycle Sonos devices, say a "restart in X minutes".

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Why isn't this a feature yet??
Thanks jgatie! I could likely bookmark all my devices in the browser and process them one at a time, or write a script to run through them all. It would be nice if this was a feature of the gui contoller app though. Maybe under the advanced options, there could be a reboot devices expansion with check box selections next to each device the controller sees (and then ideally a "select all" option.)
Userlevel 2
Yes!!  My network is enough of a hassle without dealing with my 28 Sonos components!  Ideally, one could save the configuration data regarding the order in which the components should be restarted!
First of all, this thread is years old and and only a couple of posts. Second of all, its already done.

Open a browser and type:

http://sonos_ip:1400/reboot

Where sonos_ip is the IP addess of the Sonos device to reboot.
Thanks jgatie! I could likely bookmark all my devices in the browser and process them one at a time, or write a script to run through them all. It would be nice if this was a feature of the gui contoller app though. Maybe under the advanced options, there could be a reboot devices expansion with check box selections next to each device the controller sees (and then ideally a "select all" option.)
I doubt that Sonos would consider a reboot option in the controller. Often as not, the recommendation to power-cycle the units is offered if they're already misbehaving.

As for scripting the URLs, two points:
- a simple sequence of URLs is problematic as there's a confirmation handshake for each
- if you're on SonosNet, order the reboots starting from the outermost nodes and working inwards