Refurbished sub uk

• 28 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’ve been keeping an eye on refurbished subs on the Sonos UK site and have never seen any in stock. I’ve been checking in monthly for about a year but it’s always out of stock! Is this a fruitless endeavour? Do they never have refurb sub stock in the uk? I could stretch to £499 to bolster my Play 5 pair but £699 is just not really an option, unfortunately. I’d rather buy through Sonos than the second hand market. What are people’s thoughts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

It’s hard to predict when a refurb would come in stock. It requires both a failure, and a return to Sonos for a refurb to happen. In general, the Sub is a less complex device, since it is required to just bond to another Sonos speaker, so it doesn’t have the same ‘smarts’ in it, which means less to fail. 
In my years of frequenting this forum, up there have likely been less than a handful of potentially failed Subs.

What I ended up doing was buying open box devices from a local retailer, Best Buy. Basically I am guessing the original purchaser wasn’t savvy enough to figure out how it worked, and in both cases, the purchased device worked absolutely fine. But these were not ‘refurbs’, just returned. The discount was small, but every bit helps. 

Badge +1

The refurbs were last on sale two months ago:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sonos-sub-certified-refurbished-ps499-ps42415-with-student-bluelight-card-discount-at-sonos-3666579

You could get 15% discount off a new one with a Unidays account.