Answered

Record Player to Sonos

• 4 May 2019
  • 4 replies

Hi. I have a soon setup that I would like to add a record player to. The player has the red and white RCA outputs. What do I need to connect this to my sonos?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 May 2019, 20:57

Yes, a CONNECT (or a PLAY:5, both have a line-in).

Look for a switch on the turntable (sometimes hidden underneath the platter, I think) that says something like "Phono/Level". If you have such a switch, make sure it is set to "Line" when you connect it directly to the CONNECT. If you don't have such a switch, then connect the RCA jacks to the pre-amp, and then the pre-amp connects to the CONNECT.
View original

4 replies

Any Sonos device with a line input... a play 5 speaker, or a Sonos Connect.
With the caveat that either the record player needs to have an internal pre-amp, or you add an external one in between. 🙂
I am not sure if it has a pre amp or not. How do I find out? I have a collection of Sonos Ones and a Beam, so I am thinking I need a connect?
Yes, a CONNECT (or a PLAY:5, both have a line-in).

Look for a switch on the turntable (sometimes hidden underneath the platter, I think) that says something like "Phono/Level". If you have such a switch, make sure it is set to "Line" when you connect it directly to the CONNECT. If you don't have such a switch, then connect the RCA jacks to the pre-amp, and then the pre-amp connects to the CONNECT.