Answered

Record Player Room

• 17 April 2021
  • 2 replies

I've set my record player up to play through my Sonos with a Sonos Port, but it created a new room in the process. Is this normal? Or can I change it so I just have the record player set up within my only existing room. It works fine, just that I have two rooms now within my Sonos S2 app when I only have one! 

icon

Best answer by Ralpfocus 17 April 2021, 00:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Except for special cases, like stereo pairing and I assume soundbars, each Sonos device ends up as its own room. So yes this is normal and to play from the record player you select line in from the browse menu.

each Sonos device ends up as its own room. So yes this is normal and to play from the record player you select line in from the browse menu.

The room can just be named Port and then there isn’t any confusion about it; once autoplay is set for the line in, there is also no need to select it every time. As soon as the needle is lowered into the groove, line in will then be automatically selected.