Answered

project T1 BT Low volumee with sonos five

• 1 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Hello,

I bought a Pro-Ject T1 BT that I connected with RCA → Jack cable to my Sonos Play:5 (connected in stereo).
I use the “Line” Output from Project T1 turnable.

everything is getting well, but the “power” of the sound is quite low. I need to tune between 75 and 100% of the max volume to hear something acceptable.

Do I did something wrong ? (As it is a T1 BT, no switch between preamp or not because there are 2 x 2 output : “Line” or “Phono”)

Many thanks in advance for your help and advises :)

KR

Nicolas

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 March 2021, 23:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7

Have you adjusted the Source Level under the Line-in settings for your Play:5?

I’ve seen cases where that switch that flips between ‘line’ and ‘phono’ gets sticky, and doesn’t fully engage properly. In addition to the good advice above, I’d flip that switch back and forth a few times, making sure it lands on ‘line’. 

I’ve seen cases where that switch that flips between ‘line’ and ‘phono’ gets sticky, and doesn’t fully engage properly. In addition to the good advice above, I’d flip that switch back and forth a few times, making sure it lands on ‘line’. 

Hi, thanks for your proposal. :) On the Pro-Ject T1 BT there’s no switch that flips between “line” and “phono” because each “channel” has his own connectors.

Many thanks for that idea.

I did not adjust this topic. I’ll check tonight after business day.

This won’t change the volume, but I thought I would mention that it is best to use the line-in on the left speaker if possible, as this acts as the ‘co-ordinator’ for the pair.

Many thanks for that idea.

I did not adjust this topic. I’ll check tonight after business day.

Test done with successfull issue. You were right, I had to adjust into Sonos Controller the level volume for external source.

Many thanks :)