Answered

Product Suggestions: Sonos built-in ceiling speakers, exterior landscape speakers

• 17 October 2018
  • 4 replies

I'm not an audiophile, but really like the end-user simplicity of setting up and using the Sonos product line. I would really like to roll Sonos speakers out to all of the rooms in the house, garage, and even in the yard.

The current line of products are nice, but most cannot be "hidden" away as a ceiling or landscape speaker can. Are there any plans to release a line of ceiling or landscape speakers?
icon

Best answer by Chris 17 October 2018, 02:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Ooooh, this was EXACTLY what I was hoping to see. Thanks!
Looks like I'm gonna be buying some stuff in '19
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Press release

https://www.theverge.com/2018/8/29/17795024/sonos-outdoor-speakers-ceiling-wall-sonance
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonance is partnering with them for in ceiling and landscape speakers certified to run on the Sonos Amp (which is better to have remotely and run speaker wire in ceiling and yard vs. power lines.

Sonance speakers will be trueplay compatible from what they have said.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I'm pretty sure that with Sonos updating the Amp to a new model/design over the existing Connect:Amp, that's probably a good sign that they're happy to let other speaker companies make these kinds of specialty speakers, while they can be hooked up to a Sonos Amp to provide them with the music/audio. Besides, the low voltage of speaker wire is much better to be running outdoors than 120 or 240 volt mains power that powered wireless outdoor speakers would need.