Answered

Problems connecting TRNTBL to SONOS temporary network

My Sonos Play:1 speaker recently stopped being a discoverable device for my Bluetooth turntable. I have follow several troubleshooting steps to try to solve the issue but so far none have worked. When I originally set up my speaker, I did not have to connect to the SONOS temporary network. I signed directly into my WiFi like I would with my phone. I have tried hardwiring to my router, which takes me further by far than any step in the process but I don’t intend to keep my speaker close to the router so this isn’t a realistic option. Even so, it still wasn’t showing up as a discoverable device for my turntable. I’ve tried most things I’ve read short of factory resetting.
icon

Best answer by Keith N 12 March 2019, 19:33

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

A Bluetooth discoverable device? Sonos doesn't support audio over Bluetooth. It never has.
A Bluetooth discoverable device? Sonos doesn't support audio over Bluetooth. It never has.

The turntable I have was designed specifically to use with Sonos speakers is what I mean.
I don't follow. All the turntables supplied by Sonos "Use ‘Line-In’ on Connect, Connect:Amp, or Play:5 to share audio with your entire Sonos system." They don't connect wirelessly and, as I say, they couldn't use Bluetooth.
Perhaps it might help to specific what brand/model you're working with, what other Sonos device you have in the home, and how you were operating the turntable/Sonos setup previously.

I agree with Ratty though, I'm not following your setup as described at all.
I don't follow. All the turntables supplied by Sonos "Use ‘Line-In’ on Connect, Connect:Amp, or Play:5 to share audio with your entire Sonos system." They don't connect wirelessly and, as I say, they couldn't use Bluetooth.

The turntable is TRNTBL by the vinyl subscription company VNYL. They developed this turntable specifically for use with Sonos speakers. The speaker did work at one point through my speaker. But I’m unsure how to reconnect my turntable to my speaker because when I search for a Sonos speaker through the turntable controller it does not discover the speaker as it did before.
Perhaps it might help to specific what brand/model you're working with, what other Sonos device you have in the home, and how you were operating the turntable/Sonos setup previously.

I agree with Ratty though, I'm not following your setup as described at all.

I have a singular Play:1. I use it with my TRNTBL brand turntable made by VNYL. When I originally got the speaker and turntable setup was simple. I plugged them both in, setup my speaker through the controller, setup the turntable through its controller, and they connected. When I didn’t listen for an extended period of time the turntable would lose connection wth the speaker but all I had to do to reconnect to the speaker was delete, redownload and reset up the turntable controller. But now it seems that my speaker is not connecting to my WiFi.
Ah, I wasn't really familiar with this product and that it connected to Sonos wirelessly. I did see this post here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/trntbl-quick-review-6798157

Looks like you're not alone with connectivity issues.

If you can connect to the play:1 from the Sonos app, then there shouldn't be any problem there.
Ah, I wasn't really familiar with this product and that it connected to Sonos wirelessly. I did see this post here:

https://en.community.sonos.com/music-services-and-sources-228994/trntbl-quick-review-6798157

Looks like you're not alone with connectivity issues.

If you can connect to the play:1 from the Sonos app, then there shouldn't be any problem there.

I had seen the article. Thank you though. I’ve had nothing but issues with the turntable. It took 2 years to get and their customer support is pathetic and barely even existent. Supposedly it’s designed to work with Sonos but also other Bluetooth speakers. It won’t stay connected to my Marshall speaker for more than a few minutes though. I don’t know why it won’t find the Sonos speaker but will find the other speaker. That leads me to believe it’s the Sonos speaker having an issue but it not staying connected to my Marshall speaker makes me think it’s the turntable. It’s juat frustrating to have a $500 paperweight.
The connection to the Marshall speaker presumably is Bluetooth. To connect to Sonos it must be using WiFi, with some kind of device discovery protocol to find the players.

I don't see VNYL on the list of certified partners at https://www.sonos.com/works-with-sonos so maybe it uses a reverse-engineered version of the local network interface. It might help to power the Play:1 off and on again whilst the turntable and its controller are online.
Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hey there, holyvacants. In general, whenever a user would call in with this type of problem, we'd direct them to contact VYNL for direct support regarding TRNTBL. Sonos Support can ensure that the Sonos system itself is working, but when it comes to the TRNTBL itself, you may find success by reaching out to VYNL.

Looks like they are available via Twitter for help.