Pro-Ject Essential III Turntable

• 22 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
Hey just thought I'd share as I've just made a big mistake when buying a turntable for home - I looked around for something to match the colour scheme of my apartment (I needed a Red one so couldn't get from the SONOS shop) and found this "budget" turntable that would hook up to my SONOS speaker system in every room - A perfect solution so found an AV provider and purchased it but what I didn't notice is that there is a Pro-Ject Essentials III A and a Pro-Ject Essentials III Phono both of which are the same price and the latter comes with a built in pre-amp which you need for the CONNECT which I also purchased so be warned peeps or you'll end up banging your head against the wall like I did today 😢

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can always get yourself a standalone phono preamp if the turntable doesn't have one built in.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Hi Ratty,

Yeah I know but I wanted as few cables as possible (that unit already looks like the dash of the Millenium Falcon!!) so I've changed it. Fortunately the people who supplied it were very good and inform me now there is a 3rd version of that same turntable with a pre-amp and Bluetooth connectivity #confusing

Thanks for the feedback though