Answered

Pro-ject Essential III

• 14 December 2019
  • 1 reply

I recently bought a pro-ject essential III turntable. I connected it to connect:amp through line-in. Even do I have the volume set at 100% the output sound is at most a 20%.

what am I doing wrong?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 December 2019, 04:24

Did your turntable come with a pre-amp built in? If so, turn it on. If not, purchase a pre-amp and out it between the turntable and the Sonos. In most cases, turntables put out a very low level output, which is why all receivers you’ve ever had have a specific input for them. Most devices these days use “line level”, which is what your tape deck, CD player, etc, puts out. The pre-amp raises the phono level to line level for you. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Did your turntable come with a pre-amp built in? If so, turn it on. If not, purchase a pre-amp and out it between the turntable and the Sonos. In most cases, turntables put out a very low level output, which is why all receivers you’ve ever had have a specific input for them. Most devices these days use “line level”, which is what your tape deck, CD player, etc, puts out. The pre-amp raises the phono level to line level for you.