Power Consumption of an idle ZonePlayer

• 16 March 2005
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Can anyone from Sonos tell us the power consumption of an idle zoneplayer? I assume it's low but I'd like to be sure as I may put a number in a vacation home that I only use a few months/year.

Thanks!

5 replies

Badge +1
One a similiar thread, when paused, are the ZPs powering speakers at all? Clearly when you are playing a CD thru a traditional amp and hit pause, the amp continues to power the speakers at the same volume. Exactly how is a ZP handling this? Thanks....
The ZP idle power consumption is 0.07amps.

The amp is only powered on when it is playing music. The moment there is no music to play the amp is powered off.

Thanks, Chris.
The ZP idle power consumption is 0.07amps.

The amp is only powered on when it is playing music. The moment there is no music to play the amp is powered off.

Thanks, Chris.

I have my ZP hooked to my TV and line-in selected as source. If I leave it in play mode and the TV is off, is the ZP in the idle mode just like using the pause? This way when I turn the TV on sound plays.

Jeff
Userlevel 2
I have my ZP hooked to my TV and line-in selected as source. If I leave it in play mode and the TV is off, is the ZP in the idle mode just like using the pause? This way when I turn the TV on sound plays.

Jeff

The ZP will be in idle mode if you 'pause' or mute the line-in source on the ZP. This turns the amp off, otherwise even if the TV is off, the amp is still playing. Playing 'silence' which takes very little power, but its still on.

Best,
-graham
Thanks, I will pause.

Jeff