possible fix for flickering white light on sonos connect

• 13 June 2021
  • 1 reply

Sonos v2 connect not working? Well I thought mine was either faulty or otherwise completely bricked. It would not reset. There was no green light, however hard I tried to reset it.

I disconnected reconnected via Ethernet to my router. I pressed the play and vol+ buttons a few times. Eventually the Sonos app picked it up, but again still not working , I had to give it a few goes. Eventually the Sonos app picked it up successfully.

Whilst the Sonos connect device  didn’t appear in the app as a registered device, the app then indicated it was performing an update. All my other Sonos products subsequently disappeared from the app as my registered devices. I left it 5 mins then the Sonos app prompt me to disconnect power from the connect, which I did , I then reattach to power whilst still connected  to Ethernet and the app indicated it was continuing with the update and setup process.  I subsequently had to rename it, as if from new. The app eventually then started to show all my other Sonos products after a short delay.

I reconnected the connect amp to my turntable. I had to wait a minute or so for the flashing white light to go solid but now all OK when connected via wi-if.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Clarnick66, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Glad to hear you got the Connect working again. A flickering white light is often a sign of a deeper issue with the unit, and if you do have any further problems, then I’d recommend reaching out to our Support Team via either live chat or phone call, so they can take a closer look :)