• 1 reply

I have a: 

• Yamaha RX-A1000 receiver
  • Technics SL-1200MK3D turntable 
  • Sonos Port
  • Sonos One
  • Sonos beam
  • no wired speakers 

I can’t figure out how to get the turntable to play to my Sonos speakers.

Do I need additional cables other than what came with the Port?

Is the “digital out” and “12V” required? 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @StaceyZas,

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Let me share some information to help you out.

The Sonos Port has a 12V trigger output with a current rating of 200mA that can be connected to an amplifier with a 12V trigger input. This brings an amplifier out of standby mode when the music starts playing, reducing the time it takes for the amplifier to become active and start outputting audio to your speakers.

To connect your turntable to the Line-In port on your Sonos product, you can start playing Line-In audio using the Sonos controller.

iOS or Android:

1. From the Rooms tab, tap the room or group that you want to play Line-In audio.
  2. From the Browse menu, tap Line-In.
  3. Tap the source device to start playback.

MacOS or Windows:

1. From the System panel, click the room or group that you want to play Line-In audio.
  2. From the Select a Music Source panel, click Line-In.
  3. Click the source device to start playback.

Please see our articles on adjusting your Line-In settings and Audio Compression to learn how to configure your Line-In setup. 

Hope you find this helpful. Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, we'll be glad to assist you.