Question

Port 12v trigger with 230v slave device

• 19 December 2019
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1

I intend to use one of these to power my amp on/off using the 12V trigger from the port. 

AUDIOPHONICS Trigger 12V 230V Slave Power Supply Device

Assume this will work and the amp will power off 2 mins after music stops as per previous topic?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 1

I have now received the Audiophonics device and connected to the 12V trigger on my Sonos Port. I can now power up my Denon amp and it powers down 2 mins after music stops. Perfect

Hi Malkie52 --

Sounds like a great solution.  Does this work in the United States and if so, could you let me know where to buy it?

Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Hi,

Yes it should work as it only a relay operated by the 12V trigger. It is from a French Company 

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/

Thank you!  I’m also considering a Smart Outlet and using Siri to turn my receiver on/off. 

Hi Malkie52,

Are you still there?

How would you use this device to turn multiple components on and off?

Connect it to a powerboard?

Or does it have a 12VDC out to trigger more than one gadget?

I notice it is still available.

Thanks.

the Rotel amplifier has 2 trigger out but no trigger in. So the 12V trigger from the Port does not work. Has anyone a suggestion how to link the Port to the amplifier, so starting music dos also automatically sets the amplifier on.

Or is a 12V 230V slave device the only solution?

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/

PJ ...the audiophonics  product works a treat.

It’s a shame it doesn't have more than one trigger input to turn the amplifier on. But if you ask them to make one for you, it will add voice to my same request (which they declined) and then they may do it.

Thanks , Iwill gave it a try

I ordered the AUDIOPHONICS Trigger 12V 230V Slave Power Supply Device and it arrived very quickly (maybe a week).

My goal was to be able to send an Airplay signal and then have my receiver (Denon AVR-X3100W) turn on all the way up to the point where sound comes out of my speakers.

The first issue I encountered was that my receiver’s power cable has 2 prongs (IEC C17 Female) and the trigger is meant for 3 prongs (IEC C13 Male). The third prong is meant for grounding so I easily overcame this issue by using a spare 3-prong cable that met the power requirements; it was probably from a PSU or monitor.

The second issue was not too big to overcome.  As others have stated, yes, the trigger will provide power to the receiver once I send the AirPlay signal to the Sonos Port but the receiver will not actually power on.  I have to manually press the power button.  For my purposes, this completely defeats the purpose of using a trigger.  

Using a trigger also presents another issue, without a signal from the Sonos Port, the receiver will not be powered and therefore unable to react to any other signal (eg, TV).  So my solution will remain using my Google Home Mini (interfaced with Harmony Hub) to turn on/off the receiver.  I hope this helps others.