Pocket Casts Features

• 14 April 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I wish you would consider adding a few more robust features to the Pocket Casts app
Jump forward or back 15 (or 30) seconds
Ability to delete cast after listening
Change playback speed (1.2x, 1.3x, 1.5x, etc.)
Create a slider to progressively move forward or backward though cast - you do have a very coarse one currently.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hello there, Philorock. Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. I am happy to forward this topic along to the team for consideration and visibility. Is there anything else you would like to see added to Pocket Casts? Thanks for the feedback and keep it coming.
Bump
Totally agree
Can you please allow the remaining features that make Pocket Casts a great app? Ability to change playback speed (1.2x, 1.3x, 1.4x, 1.5x etc) and ability to jump forward and back by 30/15 seconds
Alternatively, it might be more straightforward to have a setting within Pocket Casts to play via Sonos system, which is a feature available in native Spotify app
Thanks!
Native app access within Pocket Casts on iOS to Sonos please!! Like Spotify. I don’t know why you wouldn’t adopt this as your standard across all services. Your audio is great, but your app is rather lousy. Users cannot enjoy the full features of the audio services they love within the Sonos ecosystem. There’s not much logic to that. I own two Sonos speakers. I have my eye on a Beam but honestly cannot see making the investment in building out my system until you address this issue. Why do you force users to LISTEN within your proprietary system? It’s great for setup and managing their system. But beyond that there’s not much of a business case. In fact I’d argue you’re hurting your business by keeping things locked down too tightly.
Native app access within Pocket Casts on iOS to Sonos please!! Like Spotify. I don’t know why you wouldn’t adopt this as your standard across all services. Your audio is great, but your app is rather lousy. Users cannot enjoy the full features of the audio services they love within the Sonos ecosystem. There’s not much logic to that. I own two Sonos speakers. I have my eye on a Beam but honestly cannot see making the investment in building out my system until you address this issue. Why do you force users to LISTEN within your proprietary system? It’s great for setup and managing their system. But beyond that there’s not much of a business case. In fact I’d argue you’re hurting your business by keeping things locked down too tightly.

Is there any chance that we could get native app support? Like mls44, I also really enjoy using the native apps. Seeing as how I've paid for some of them (most recently Pocket Casts), I'd like to enjoy their features. This used to be available with Google Play Music, but it seems that feature has been stripped away (Google is discontinuing Google Play Music).

I can't imagine myself recommending Sonos speakers until native app support is available, it just doesn't make sense.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Is there any chance that we could get native app support? Like mls44, I also really enjoy using the native apps. Seeing as how I've paid for some of them (most recently Pocket Casts), I'd like to enjoy their features. This used to be available with Google Play Music, but it seems that feature has been stripped away (Google is discontinuing Google Play Music).

I can't imagine myself recommending Sonos speakers until native app support is available, it just doesn't make sense.

The functionality of the Pocketcasts within Sonos is entirely down to Pocket Casts. They created that and not Sonos

You really would be better off talking to them
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
We're always happy to work with music services to bring them natively to Sonos, as Stuart suggests, it's also great to reach out to them and suggest they look into working with us. We have a whole certification process and there's work to be done on both sides.

If you're looking to use the Pocket Casts app with Sonos through iOS, we did recently add AirPlay 2 to Sonos. This would allow you to send the audio from just about any app to Sonos. You'll need a Play:5 gen2, Sonos One (not the older Play:1), Sonos Beam, or a Playbase to send the audio from your iOS device, and then you could group that Sonos player with others in the Sonos app to send the audio to any of your players.
Badge +1
If this is on your side at all, priority is playback speed and archive after listen.
-s