Answered

Plug Vinyl turnatble to Sonos

Hi,

I have a Vinyl Turntable (at-lp120 usb) with a preamp in it that I would like to play it on my sonos system.

I plugged it to my Play5 (1st gen) with a jack but the sound is quite low and the quality disappointing.

Anyone know how I could have a decent sound quality ? Should I use a connect ? or a connect:amp ?

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by ratty 4 June 2022, 18:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

All the Sonos Line-In options are equivalent, so a Connect wouldn’t help. 

Make sure the turntable preamp is actually turned on. 

Try adjusting the Line-In level in the Play:5’s room settings. A higher number will increase the sensitivity, and hence the resulting volume. (As a rule of thumb, increase the Line-In level setting until you can just hear some distortion, then back it off one or two notches.)

Hi Ratty,

Many thanks, I didn’t konw this line-in lever setting. I increased it as you said and it’s all good.

Comparing the Vinyl sound with the streaming services I realise that some vinyl have a disappointing quality.

Thanks !

Comparing the Vinyl sound with the streaming services I realise that some vinyl have a disappointing quality.

Er, yes. Vinyl is a fundamentally compromised medium, even under the best of circumstances. Savour it for the ‘experience’, by all means.