Question

Play5 on floor

• 27 November 2016
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Hi. I've got my lovely new Play5 sitting on a hardwood floor. Will Trueplay compensate for this or should I raise the unit off the floor?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Trueplay will work hard to compensate for the boundary effects of the floor in the mid/bass, but the PLAY:5's tweeters will be firing at your knees. Quite apart from the danger of being kicked you'll be missing out on a good bit of the top end. The tweeters should be pointing towards your ears.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Depending on how much echo the hardwood floor has then Trueplay should make a difference. I can only say that I'm sure the Play 5 was not designed to sit on the floor so the performance is likely to be sub-optimal even with Trueplay.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
I'll try it off the floor. Thanks.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
OK. Definitely needs to be off the floor. Any recommendations for stands? So far undecided between Flexson and Alphason...
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Went for the Alphason.
Userlevel 2
Badge +7
Very pleased with the Alphason. Very nicely made stand. Definitely improves the Play 5 getting it off the floor. Sounds lovely and I haven't done Truplay yet. 🙂 Thanks for the good advice.