Answered

Play One For Two Uses...

• 3 December 2016
  • 8 replies

I have a Play One and love it! Can I use that as a speaker (like I currently do) by itself when listening to music but add it to a PlayBar for surround sound?

There are times I'd like to use the speaker by itself but other times when watching TV that I would like it to work as part of the surround sound system. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 3 December 2016, 18:07

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Just choose to bond it with the playable, no need to change settings, it will take care of that itself.Thanks. Right now the one speaker is synced with my Wifi but once I sync it with the Playbar that setting should overwrite any older settings?

I'll also be moving the speaker so I just wanted to make sure I can re-do the sound test.
Just choose to bond it with the playable, no need to change settings, it will take care of that itself.
Appreciate your help! Last question as I'm excited to set up tomorrow.

I plan buying another Play 1 moving the kitchen speaker (Play 1) into the living room and pairing it up with the Playbar for surround sound. How exactly to I delete the kitchen settings and pair it with the Playbar so it works properly?

Thanks!
Yes, that should work.
Yes. All music sources are available on all Sonos players, Playbar included.Ok. I guess I just want to know how (or if) that will affect my surround sound setup with the TV.

1) I plan on running the Audio Optical from Playbar to the back of my TV
2) All my HDMI sources are plugged into TV
3) I plan on pairing (two) Sonos Play 1's with Playbar
4) I have a Sony Wireless sub that would work with the TV setup only
5) I plan on syncing TiVO remote with Sonos for TV use
6) My Sony 930c outputs Dolby Digital 5.1 from Audio Optical

I'm pretty sure my TV setup above will work flawlessly - do you see any problems?

1) When TV is on it will utilize Surround Sound Setup
2) When TV is off I'd like to use Sorround Sound Setup to play music only

Does that look right? Just trying to avoid any problems before buying and setting up.
Yes. All music sources are available on all Sonos players, Playbar included.
It's not possible without reconfiguring the speaker each time, not very convenient to do. However, you can set the surround speakers to Full for music in the Playbar Room Setup. That will cause the surrounds to be full range for music sources, instead of just ambient.So if I use the current speaker and make it part of the Surround Sound system with the TV - can I use that Surround Sound system as a music only option if not watching TV?
It's not possible without reconfiguring the speaker each time, not very convenient to do. However, you can set the surround speakers to Full for music in the Playbar Room Setup. That will cause the surrounds to be full range for music sources, instead of just ambient.