Play 5 Gen 1 Line In static white noise while connected to Monitor

• 22 September 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi Sonos,

Hope all is well! I currently have:

Play Fives x4
Sonos Sub x1
Sonos  Bridge x1 

I sometimes use the line in function and recently have been using one of my play 5’s for line in audio from my LG monitor line out jack. This has been working fine with no issues at all. 

Recently I powered the monitor on and the line in option activated as normal but has a static hissing noise And not sure why....?? I tried a different play 5 but had the same results .. static. Maybe this is bc of an update .. ??

Please help .

Thx Phillip Abii

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @preabii, Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about the Line in static noise with your system. with this concern, I’ll suggest If can you try another line in cable if the issue persists? And I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue.  

Keep me in the know with the advice above. 

We're here to answer any further questions you have.