Question

PLAY 5

• 15 November 2016
  • 6 replies

I have a new and never used play5 older generation.
when I connect to the system fails to update.
How can I fix the problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

It probably needs to be temporarily wired to the network. Older firmware may be unable to communicate properly wirelessly.

If your system is not already in 'BOOST Setup' (SonosNet mode) then wire another device first and wait a couple of minutes before plugging in the PLAY:5.
Reset the unit according to this procedure:

https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1107/kw/restore%20factory/session/L3RpbWUvMTQ3OTIzNTcxNS9zaWQvMkhSeHBLM24%3D

Then hardwire the unit to your router via Ethernet cable, and then to the system. Note: You may need to connect another unit to activate Sonosnet mode first. The unit should update, then you can connect it wirelessly.
Hello allthe play 5 or who has never been updated was boxed for about two years and a rate lit matches to the system but when it asks for an update freezes and says that it is impossible update .......
Help!!!!!!!! 🙂
Hello allthe play 5 or who has never been updated was boxed for about two years and a rate lit matches to the system but when it asks for an update freezes and says that it is impossible update .......
Help!!!!!!!! :-)

You need to call Sonos support, the firmware version is too far out of date to automatically update, support can connect remotely and force the update, nothing much we can do for you unfortunately.
Did you actually wire it, as directed?
Help!!!!!!!! :-)

You need to call Sonos support, the firmware version is too far out of date to automatically update, support can connect remotely and force the update, nothing much we can do for you unfortunately.

thank you so much