Question

Play 1 keeps falling out when using turntable

• 27 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I got a turntable for christmas, and the first thing i did was set it up to check that everything worked, and it did. I connected it directly to my Sonos Play 5, and it automatically played to the Play 1 i also have. 

I the disconnected it and placed the turntable where i wanted it, and then moved my Play 5 about 1 meter due to the cable being short. I connected everything, but when i now play from my turntable the Play One keeps falling out like there is a bad connection between the Play 5 and 1. 

It works just fine if i play from Spotify, so i cant really understand why this is happening since it worked previously. Right now i just have to mute the play 1 speaker as it is impossible to listen to. I also have a Sonos Beam, and the same thing happens there. 

I have a fairly small living room, and didn’t move the Play 5 far at all, all devices are within 3-4 meters of each other. 

Any tips to fixing this would be greatly appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

In general, a line in source is ‘heavier’ or ‘denser’ than a normal stream, which means it uses more bandwidth in your network, and is more sensitive to wifi interference

Beyond the information in that linked FAQ, it may be worth trying, at least temporarily, wiring that PLAY:1 to your router as well, just to be sure we are really addressing interference, rather than some less common issue.

It may also be worth submitting a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and calling Sonos Support to discuss it, or posting the diagnostic number here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.