Question

Placement of the PlayBar - side of the tv?

• 12 August 2017
  • 1 reply

hey everyone, I am designing a wall from my TV, this wall will have a fireplace below the TV, the goal for the wall is simplicity. Ideally, I'd like to just have the fireplace recessed into the wall, and the TV above it. That being said, what are the issues or drawbacks to positioning the PlayBar on top of a cabinet that is directly to the right of the TV? from the right edge of the TV to the start of the cabinet will is about 6-8 inches.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not recommended. The Playbar and Playbase are designed to be either above or below the TV set, so that right and left sound out of the speaker will be situated properly. If you were to put the speaker to one side, then every sound would be to that one side, and it just wouldn't feel right.

There are some companies that make a mount for the Playbar that you add to the mount of the TV, so that the speaker hangs directly below the TV itself, and looks pretty integrated. If you're really concerned about looks and still want to get a good sound, I'd be looking at something like that.