Question

Pair of PLAY 5 Gen 1 - Solid green mute button, only 1 speaker working

• 24 December 2016
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I have major issues with a pair of play 5 gen 1 speakers. I did a factory reset and did the wireless installation of the pair... so far so good.

After the reinstallation the right speaker has a solid green mute button which is impossible to get rid of. When i try to play radio there is no sound. When pressing the mute button only the right player plays music. After that touching any button on either player or even adjusting the volume in the app mutes/pauzes the radio on the right speaker. Left never makes a sound so far...

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Router is an ASUS 87-U

I have an unused bridge

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Derek,

May I be so bold as to suggest that you submit a system diagnostic and post the number here? It would give the fine folks at Sonos a better look at your system, and perhaps something in those log files might help them.
Userlevel 2
I have the same issue. Mine have been working for years and just stopped working. Solid green mute button on the right speaker pair and can only get sound out that one also after fiddling with buttons.