Answered

Outdoor Speakers Multiple Locations - Connect or Connect Amp

• 29 June 2018
  • 1 reply

Currently I have one five and four ones.
I have a covered porch with two ceiling speakers (stereo) and two small decks that are opposite ends of the house that each have a speaker so I would like mono output to each desk, it is fine for both to play at the same time. Speaker wires all terminate at the same location in the utility room (basement). I have a Yamaha tuner that I could use to drive them but it means going to the basement every time I want to use the speakers to turn the receiver on. All suggestions to accomplish this are appreciated.
Thanks Dave
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 29 June 2018, 02:29

Getting mono and stereo at the same time is not the easiest thing but it can be done.

A connect and two small amps could do the trick. One amp that has the option to combine the stereo output of the Connect into a mono speaker output, and a second in normal stereo mode would be my suggestion. An optical splitter or RCA Y cable to connect them would work depending on your amp inputs.

That would let you match amp power to your speakers as well as have simultaneous stereo and mono to feed your speakers.

If you worry about the amp power draw either shop for ones with auto-power capability or get a remote controlled outlet to plug the amps (not the Connect) into.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Getting mono and stereo at the same time is not the easiest thing but it can be done.

A connect and two small amps could do the trick. One amp that has the option to combine the stereo output of the Connect into a mono speaker output, and a second in normal stereo mode would be my suggestion. An optical splitter or RCA Y cable to connect them would work depending on your amp inputs.

That would let you match amp power to your speakers as well as have simultaneous stereo and mono to feed your speakers.

If you worry about the amp power draw either shop for ones with auto-power capability or get a remote controlled outlet to plug the amps (not the Connect) into.