Outdoor enclosures for Sonos Amp

• 29 January 2021
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

I see so many threads here on installing Sonos Amp/Connect Amp inside and run speaker wires outside. Have any one successfully ran this box outside in an outdoor rated enclosure with appropriate heating/cooling ? any suggestions appreciated. I totally get it this box is not outdoor rated for winter especially..but wondering if peeps have found a solution to make it work

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Search on Google, there are such boxes I have read about. You will still need to get the mains power to inside the box in a safe way though - that is the bigger challenge.

Badge +1

thanks Kumar, Altelix makes some heated and cooled enclosure that i found, didnt know if any one had used it and had any feedback, and it was worth spending the 300 on it. that is infact the price of a connect:amp these days (used)  so sometimes i think its worth not spending the money

Search on Google, there are such boxes I have read about. You will still need to get the mains power to inside the box in a safe way though - that is the bigger challenge.

So I want to have an Amp out by a pool we’re building.  I have a garden shed I can put the Amp in to protect it from rain, etc.  The pool pump equipment (along with electrical outlets) is right next to the shed.  In light of all this, is it feasible to put the Amp in the shed and wire speakers around the pool?

I can keep the Amp inside the house and run speaker wire out to the pool, but I don’t want to be concerned with Airplay reaching the Amp because it’s too far from where people will be around the pool.

Thanks!.

Userlevel 7

@bluedevil229 How hot or cold can it get in your shed throughout the year?

We can (but rarely)get to 100F in the summer, and the shed is ventilated.  

About 20F at the extreme in the winter.  (We wouldn’t be using it in the winter, obv.)

Userlevel 7

@bluedevil229 Read over the storage temperature and Important Safety Information at the bottom of this User Guide: https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Famp%2Famp.htm

@bluedevil229 Read over the storage temperature and Important Safety Information at the bottom of this User Guide: https://www.sonos.com/support/en-us/sonos-user-guide/index.html#t=sonos-user-guide%2Famp%2Famp.htm

So basically, as long as it doesn’t get wet, it looks like I should be good.

Userlevel 7

So basically, as long as it doesn’t get wet, it looks like I should be good.

And as long as you don’t think the inside of your shed will get above 122 degrees in the summer.