Question

Options for headphones and outside speakers

• 1 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge
While I love Sonos and am impressed by what all it does (and does so well!), I find two glaring aspects of home audio missing: headphone access and outside speakers. I know, unless Sonos makes and sells the headphones or the external speaker, they are not very anxious to allow these functions, but some customers, who have paid a premium price might like this functionality. I know I would.

Of course, a quality Sonos Bluetooth transmitter would address both of these "consumer needs," headphones and outdoor speakers. Sonos does not like Bluetooth and does not want to go there. So, what about a reasonably priced interface/jack for headphone use and maybe an all-weather speaker, while you're at it?

Such functions would be reasonable compliments to an otherwise excellent and beautifully build home audio system. Thank you!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I think for outdoor the current Connect:Amp and wired outdoor speakers make a good solution.

Other than a portable battery operated speaker that is weather proof - but not sure what kind of battery life would expect. A wired to power outdoor speaker for sonos doesn't add a lot from the Connect:Amp option.

Headphones are an issue. Especially with Play:5 gen 2 taking headphone jack off features. Seems headphones are either coming or of no interest to anyone at sonos.