Question

Onyko NR686 receiver wont play sonos on zone 2 via wired speakers

• 22 October 2020
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

I just upgraded to a sonos port and currently have it connected to my Onyko via rca to the CD input. I’m able to play sonos over my main ceiling speakers that are wired to the receiver.  However, i cant get my outdoor wired speakers which are connected to Zone 2 (Note i’m using the wired connetion, not the zone 2 rca outputs).

In setup, i set CD to the sonos port and choose analog.  I set CD as the source for Zone 2 and i made sure main and zone 2 are both selected, but no music on zone 2.  Any suggestions?  I’m ordering a digital coax cable to see if that helps.  Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This seems like more of an Onkyo question than a Sonos question, you may get a better response on a non-Sonos specific forum.

I’m certainly not familiar with the Onkyo setup. There is often an issue with amplifiers not sending a digital input to a second zone, but that doesn’t sound like the issue you’re dealing with.