Answered

Numark TTUSB

• 30 March 2020
  • 1 reply

I have connected my numark ttusb to my SonoS Amp but no sound when I play a disk.

Do I need to change settings if yes where, or just put on a disk and it should give sound?

The Numark should have a preamplifier (it says so) do I need an external preamplifier?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 30 March 2020, 16:52

What is a Numark ttusb? Could you provide a link to the owner’s manual, so we can do some research and help you out?

In general, a Sonos analog line in is looking for a line level input, so any sort of phono level output needs to be rumps through a pre-amp before it is plugged in to a Sonos input. Some newer record players have built in pre-amps, which require changing a switch, sometimes located under the platter, from “phono” to “line”. In the past, sometimes these switches have been ‘sticky’, for lack of a better word, and have required switching back and forth before making the appropriate connection. Then, of course, you also need to make the adjustments to the Sonos line in to capture the input at the correct level. 

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

What is a Numark ttusb? Could you provide a link to the owner’s manual, so we can do some research and help you out?

In general, a Sonos analog line in is looking for a line level input, so any sort of phono level output needs to be rumps through a pre-amp before it is plugged in to a Sonos input. Some newer record players have built in pre-amps, which require changing a switch, sometimes located under the platter, from “phono” to “line”. In the past, sometimes these switches have been ‘sticky’, for lack of a better word, and have required switching back and forth before making the appropriate connection. Then, of course, you also need to make the adjustments to the Sonos line in to capture the input at the correct level.