Question

Not seeing my bridge in Help, About...

• 3 October 2016
  • 3 replies

Brought my bridge in from the RV to update it (it doesn't get the update out there for some reason). Bridge fired up ok, but I'm not seeing it in Help, About, and therefore it won't prompt me for the update. Yes, it is plugged into the router as always, only this time I'm not seeing it in Help, About. Diagnostic is 6605297.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Presumably you're using a controller which is associated with the BRIDGE's system ('household')?

The power supply could be on the blink. Can you test it with a voltmeter? It should put out a steady 5.1-5.2V DC.
I will do that... I've long suspected a potential sporadic issue.

But, for this exercise, I figured it out. The DHCP service on my server was stopped. Thinking Dell had something to do with that when they were in poking around for another issue last week. Lord knows what IP the bridge was receiving that it wasn't showing up.

Does anyone know what the version should be for the bridge? Still didn't get prompted to update, but that may be fine:

Currently: 6.4 (build 331532141)

Thank you.
The BRIDGE would have gone to AutoIP in the absence of a DHCP server.

You have the latest BRIDGE firmware. Players are at 6.4.2.