No Power, no warranty, need alternative to Sonos

• 21 January 2021
  • 8 replies

So my power just stopped working on my bridge, called tech support, after troubleshooting she told me the until is now broken but could sell me a new unit. I don’t touch or move my sonos unit, how could it “break”?? Need an alternative to the system. If I were interested in buying something that just “breaks” after a while, I’d buy another iPhone.

Warranty, not worranty, jeeze

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Over the years I’ve had many electronic devices fail - CD player, tv, computer, a good old-fashioned cassette player, and even a Linn power amp (not cheap!). If it’s never happened to you before this you’ve been quite fortunate, IMHO. 

Agree with the above.  There is no such thing as an electric device that will operate as normal forever.

Need an alternative to the system.

Good grief. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Bridge power supplies frequently fail with age. Just get rid of the Bridge entirely. 

Remove a Bridge from your Sonos system

This is probably the most stupid, unreasonable post i have ever read on here.  Or indeed anywhere.

The Bridge was last sold in 2014, so the device is between 7 and 16 years old. Huge numbers were given away free with speaker purchases so you may not have paid for it anyway.  As the others have said, no electronic item goes on forever.

After a firmware update many years ago you don’t even need a Bridge.

Is your post actually a joke?

I suspect a troll.  Joined forum today.  And surely impossible for anyone to be this stupid.  Will we ever hear from @aroundtherosy again?  

Plus, Bridge power supplies are about $15 on Amazon.

Quality modern electronics are very reliable -- giving rise of a false belief that an electronic gadget operates forever. Everyone knows that automobiles, on the other hand, need regular service. It’s not a question of if the automobile will break, only when. I know of one electronics manufacturer who considered shuttering its service operation because of low traffic. Check with your parents and grand parents. There was an era when retail drugstores had a tube tester and stock of common tubes for sale. DIY’s would show up with a shoe box full of tubes to check.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Lot of these “one shot troll” type posts recently.