Question

No option to set up new system

• 2 October 2016
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone, I am trying to set up a new system with the Play1 that I purchased. I have downloaded the Sonos app on an iPhone 4 with operating system 7.1.2 but when I open it only one option shows - "Connect to an existing system." I have tried deleting the app and installing it again, but get the same result. Thinking it might be the phone, I tried downloading the app on my daughter's iPad but again there is only one option showing - to connect to an existing system.
Before doing this I had connected the speaker to the power source and it showed the white light then the flashing green light as described by the Sonos support pages.
I have searched through the help pages but I've not found any comments on this problem.
Your help, please?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The latest Sonos software version (6.4) doesn't fully support iOS 7. In particular the setup functions are no longer present. You'd need iOS 8 or higher.

http://www.sonos.com/software/release/6-4
Thanks ratty. A thought then - would it work for someone else in the household (who has iOS 8 or later) to set up the system and then I could use my iPhone to connect to that system to run the SONOS speaker?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Yes use a desktop computer or ios8 to set it up then use your app from there.
Thanks Chris, I'll give that a try.