Answered

New Sonos Amp speaker question re power rating

• 12 January 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
I currently have the connect:amp and am using QAccoustic 3020i speakers with it. I really want to upgrade to the new Sonos Amp when it is available in February, however, the power recommendation for my current speakers is only 25-75w whereas the new Amp outputs 125w. I am not really an expert on hifi systems etc and was wondering if I can use my current speakers with the new amp providing I don't turn it up past 50% or if I will run the risk of blowing the speakers ?

I am looking to replacing the speakers eventually but I can't afford to do it at the same time.
icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 15 January 2019, 14:45

Hi Marc_51

I don't know where you reside but the new Sonos Amp is already available in the U.S. Regarding your speakers the Sonos Amp will work with no issues as far as driving your speakers. If you don't trust your ears to tell you when to cease pushing the level up you can set a volume limiter in the Sonos app. See how at the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3118?language=en_US

Cheers!
View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Hi Marc_51

I don't know where you reside but the new Sonos Amp is already available in the U.S. Regarding your speakers the Sonos Amp will work with no issues as far as driving your speakers. If you don't trust your ears to tell you when to cease pushing the level up you can set a volume limiter in the Sonos app. See how at the link: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3118?language=en_US

Cheers!
Userlevel 2
Badge +4
Thanks. I’m am in the U.K. and the amp is not available here until Feb. I thought that I could run them at reduced volume. Once i have the amp I will upgrade the speakers to some Mission qx2 which will handle the amps increased power output better.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings