Answered

New Sonos Amp Questions

• 19 November 2018
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I have 2 different questions regarding the new Amp.

1. A new room I'm adding set up will be Playbar & 2 wired in ceiling speakers (I'd like to add my own wired sub). I know that on the current amp, once I use it for surround on my in-ceiling speakers, the sub output is disabled. Is this the same on the new amp? Any other ideas?

2. Some marketing info Sonos sent me on the amp says. "Power all your entertainment. Amp features inputs for your TV and an additional audio source, so you can enjoy a movie in one room while listening to music in another". - I'm not sure I totally understand this. Does this mean that I could wire 4 separate speakers to the amp and control one set with TV source and another from the second source? Any clarity would be great.

Thank you!
icon

Best answer by jgatie 19 November 2018, 22:06

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

The sub output is also disabled on the Amp.

No, that is not the case. What they mean is you can be playing a TV source on the Amp, while the Amp's analog Line-In can be used as a source on another Sonos unit.
Userlevel 1
Badge
Thank you!
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
How does the sonos sub work with the amp? Does the sub still need to be on ethernet or wifi itself?
How does the sonos sub work with the amp? Does the sub still need to be on ethernet or wifi itself?

The Sub is added just like any other component (Ethernet or wireless), except it includes additional steps for bonding it to an existing component.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I'm not sure what that means other than it sounds like the sub still has to be on wifi or ethernet itself.
I'm not sure what that means other than it sounds like the sub still has to be on wifi or ethernet itself.

Well yes. How else is it going to connect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sub can be connected ethernet or wifi - either way