Answered

New Sonos Amp or Sonos Connect for Outdoor TV and 2 Speaker setup

Hello All, I'm trying to configure an outdoor TV and 2 speaker setup for my deck/pool area.

Is it possible to connect the new Sonos amp through a u-verse cable box and be able to switch from music/tv via the sonos amp?
TV will not have analog connection only hdmi. Would I be better served to purchase two Sonos Amps? Or am I better off purchasing 1 Connect Amp and running TV and Speakers through an audio receiver?

TV will be Sunbrite and 2 Definitive Technology AW6500 outdoor speakers.

Thanks all - Jason from Houston, TX
icon

Best answer by jgatie 7 December 2018, 19:39

You would want the Amp. Go HDMI from the U-Verse to the TV and HDMI-ARC from the TV to the Amp. Then wire the amp outputs to the 2 speakers. Switching from TV to music would be via the Sonos app, from music to TV would be automatic if you turn on Autoplay TV in the settings.

View original

1 reply

You would want the Amp. Go HDMI from the U-Verse to the TV and HDMI-ARC from the TV to the Amp. Then wire the amp outputs to the 2 speakers. Switching from TV to music would be via the Sonos app, from music to TV would be automatic if you turn on Autoplay TV in the settings.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings