New Sonos amp

• 1 January 2019
  • 9 replies

Hey everyone I’m new to the community and have a few questions.
1. I’m going to be getting bowers and Wilkins 603 s3 floorstansing speakers for 2 channel music but it will
Also be hooked into my tv. Would the Sonos amp be a good pair with those speakers?
2. During the set up for the amp, does it allow me to set the speakers as “small”?. I know I can manually set the Sonos subwoofers crossover, but can I let the speakers play only the high frequencies or will it force to to play them at full range?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22
1. Yes I have one running a pair of 601s and another Sonos Amp running some 602s. Biwired both from the amps.

2. The crossover you set will only send that to the sub and not send to the speakers. So essentially when you plug in sub it sets them to "Small" at the crossover frequency. I'm running an ASW-1000 sub with the 602s via the Sonos Amp.
Thanks for your reply! I know once you actually plug a Sub into the RCA output it sets your speakers to small, but would it also do that with a Sonos Sub that I plan on using ?
Also what do you mean when you say biwired
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
By. Biwire I mean I have biwire cable that splits each left/right to the two left right in speaker (low and high)
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
I thought I had read somewhere that you could not biwire with the amp, good to know you can.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Also what do you mean when you say biwired

https://www.audioadvice.com/content/speaker-bi-wiring-bi-amping-explained/
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Thanks for your reply! I know once you actually plug a Sub into the RCA output it sets your speakers to small, but would it also do that with a Sonos Sub that I plan on using ?

Th sub just connects to it like it does with anything else. You will want to set the crossover.
You can't do Trueplay with the Sonos AMP and third party speakers.
I just looked and am not seeing anything in the sonos app about large or small speakers but thats what a speaker normally sets speakers to with regular receivers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
You can bi-wire from amp (one output from amp feeding split wire to low end and high end of speaker)

You aren’t supposed to bi-amp. One amp feeding low end and another amp feeding high end inputs on speaker.
Userlevel 5
Badge +10
Oh makes sense I was probably thinking of bi-amp.